Freddie Mac and Concourse Labs Discuss the Cloud Governance Imperative
Cloud computing has become the infrastructure facilitating a new remote workforce, creating immersive customer experiences, accelerating innovation, and providing a more resilient foundation on which businesses run. It is the heart of digital transformation!
While software-as-a-service (SaaS) remains the largest cloud segment, according to Gartner, infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) are growing much faster. This is largely driven by the need for organizations to streamline innovation to stay ahead of the competition, build greater efficiencies in the wake of economic hardship and ensure business resiliency in the face of future disruption.
However, this rapid shift to cloud poses significant challenge as organizations struggle to understand, manage and control risk. Why? Because public cloud environments change all the time. And because manual people-centric security and risk reviews cannot keep pace with an automated cloud application continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
The result is that most organizations cannot answer the most fundamental cloud governance questions, such as:
- What assets and services are we running in the cloud?
- How can we ensure our cloud policies meet the many different needs of our business?
- What are our most critical cloud risks? What controls mitigate those risks?
- Who is continuously assessing whether our controls are in place and effective?
- And finally, how can we prove to our auditors that our cloud applications, data, and infrastructure are in compliance?
Cloud presents critical governance challenges that, left unaddressed, threaten the financial health, regulatory compliance, reputation, and customer trust that are existential requirements for almost every organization.
To avoid these catastrophic consequences, organizations must automate cloud governance. How?
For the answer to that question join our distinguished panel of technology pioneers Nick Lippis, Co-founder and Co-Chair of ONUG, Mike Ryan, VP of Tech Strategy at Freddie Mac and Don Duet, CEO and Co-founder of Concourse Labs, as they discuss why automated cloud governance is essential for digital transformation and provide guidance on how to accelerate the consumption of cloud, through effective cloud risk management.
Attendees will also learn:
- Why the ONUG Collaborative identified automated cloud governance as the first cross-industry issue to solve.
- How Freddie Mac is innovating in the cloud
- How Concourse Labs provides critical cloud governance capabilities:
- Observability, verification, and audit
- Agile policies
- Continuous control verification,
- Automatic analysis of infrastructure-as-code
WATCH THE WEBINAR RECORDING: https://info.concourselabs.com/webinar-video-onug
DOWNLOAD THE WHITE PAPER: https://info.concourselabs.com/automated-cloud-governance